This bar is a mish-mash of a couple recipes from one of my many idols/internet crushes: My New Roots. It’s healthy in the way that most things are healthy. In the end its healthy-ness is dependent on how much you eat and also what your specific nutrition requirements are. This is not something I’ll pretend to know anything about. I know some people avoid fat, while some avoid sugars, and others avoid carbs in general. This bar has these things. But it’s made with nice, whole, unprocessed foods. No refined sugars. Also plant-based and gluten free if that’s your deal. All in all, it’s a really great alternative to those sugar-loaded, ultra-processed candy bars that are so delicious and yet so horrible. Continue reading “The Best Healthy-ish Candy Bar Ever”
Ispahan Pate de Fruit (Recipe Adapted from Chef Migoya)
160g Sugar (1)
360g Raspberry Puree
320g Sugar (2)
40g Lychee syrup
20g Rose water
85g Glucose powder
6.3g Citric Acid (l)
1. Whisk together the pectin and sugar (1).
2. Place the pectin/sugar mixture in a pot and whisk in raspberry puree, lychee syrup and rose water.
3. Combine sugar (2) and glucose powder in separate bowl.
4. Bring mixture to a boil.
5. Add sugar/ glucose mixture and bring mixture to 107˚C/.255˚F
6. Remove from heat and stir in citric acid.
7. Pour into a prepared frame of 9″ x 9″.
8. Let it set overnight without wrapping.
9. Cut and toss in sugar.